Wednesday, October 08, 2008

No Matter What

John McCain has made himself famous for saying he would not take out bin Laden if he had the chance. Let me amend that: If bin Laden is in his sights, he'll get ahold of Pakistan and if they say it's OK, he'll check back to see if bin Laden is still in his sights.

Obama has the more common sense approach. If Pakistan won't or can't be of assistance in the process, then we'll do it ourselves. McCain is critical, insisting that "That One" has touched the third rail of the Marquess of Queensberry rules of such things.

But then McCain said: "I'll get him. I know how to get him, and I'll get him no matter what."

What's that last phrase? "I'll get him no matter what." No matter what entails a lot, including exactly what Obama has said all along.

No comments: