Monday, November 29, 2010

Football Player Blames God For Dropped TD Pass

I was at a restaurant tonight that had sports channels on all their TVs, and I saw this story, even though the volume was off on all the TVs. There was a football player, Steve Johnson of the Buffalo Bills, who dropped a perfect pass right in the endzone. They played the dropped pass clip on ESPN maybe eight or nine times right in a row.

Then they had a tweet from Mr. Johnson on the screen that said: "I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM HIS?? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO..."

I had no idea that had anything to do with God -- I just wondered who he'd be praising 24/7 -- but a few minutes later I glanced over at one of the other TVs and the headline had him blaming God. They even showed a clip of him doing a religious type of gesture, like, "God, here's to ya!", before a play, perhaps this play.

I read a later story online since I got home that he's walking back some of this, saying: "No I Did Not Blame God People! Seriously??!? CMon! I Simply Cried Out And Asked Why?" And "I AM HAPPY & THANKFUL 4 YESTERDAY! w/out Sunday i Wldnt have grew closer w/The Lord!!"

It does seem like if you say, "I praise you 24/7 and you did me dirt" essentially, that you were expecting some kind of quid pro quo for all the praising.

That's a silly way to think.

No comments: