Wednesday, May 14, 2008

NIN - Ghosts I-IV

OK, guess what, I got this album. A 2-CD package, $12.99 at Target, I think that sounds like a good deal.

I can't exactly give a track by track summary of it, but I've been through it a time and a half. Mostly while reading at the same time, and it's definitely good for that.

I think the subtitle, something on the sticker that was on the front, said, [OK, I found it], "Soundtracks For Daydreams." And that's exactly right.

I don't know if the tracks have names. I didn't see any listed, but they're quite nice. Nice to read by certainly, and daydream to, if that's what your mood is.

There's a little bit of everything, instrumental snippets, noodling, whiling-away, distortion, clarity, piano, guitar, plink-plink, heavy, soft, not-too-wild, very wonderful, artistic, reserved, and interesting sounds. I could probably go 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., and peg everything, but that wouldn't really accomplish much.

If you're looking for something off the beaten path -- something to stimulate thought and imagination (I don't think I've overstating it) -- this is a great set.

No comments: