Friday, October 10, 2008

Tao Te Ching 68

I know it says in the Tao Te Ching (Stephen Mitchell version) 68, "The best athlete wants his opponent at his best." And that's probably right. But I've loving it that the McCain campaign is basically in shambles.

Palin a lawbreaker, violating an ethics law, a violation of the public trust; McCain having to beg his hayseed, troglodyte audience not to kill Obama; McCain with a different cockeyed economic plan everyday; suspending his campaign apparently by the random advice of a Magic Eight Ball; the rabid conservatives basically hating him; the moderate conservatives basically hating him; the butt of incessant jokes. What's there not to like?

Plus, seriously, I hate nailbiters. Unless it's a football or basketball game where I don't really care who wins, which is practically every one. I don't like anything like 2000, certainly, or 2004, where it came down to one state, then a stolen election. Give me a good old fashioned blowout, take away the suspense, and I'm happy as a clam.

No comments: