Saturday, January 09, 2010

I Started Clambake

Since it was Elvis' birthday yesterday, and since I was thinking of Elvis quite a bit, I started the movie "Clambake" this morning (for my 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening exercise sessions.)

It's a light breezy movie, the kind of Elvis movie I like. One thing I can barely stand (I can't stand it) is to see Elvis in some serious role where he's in trouble, being beat up, or threatened in any way. I want the harmless stuff where Elvis might have girl troubles, but that's it.

In "Clambake" he's trying out the life of an average poor guy, since he's very rich in the movie. He wants girls to love him for himself, not his money. So he trades lives with a poor guy. It's got a lot of good stuff in it. Plus, getting to look at Elvis ...

I'm looking forward to the next 10 minutes of it (tonight's session), because I'm going to see the Great Gildersleeve, who is like a doorman at the hotel that Elvis stays at.

No comments: