Thursday, January 07, 2010

Looking Through Old Files

I'm a saver. Notes, scraps of things, scrawled notes, irrelevant stuff. I've done a little better getting rid of stuff, but I do tend to have extensive files.

I was just looking at some of my files, searching around at random and seeing what popped up. I found a big scan of a Yellow Submarine poster that I swear I couldn't find one time when I was looking for it. And I'm sure I searched for the obvious file name yellowsubmarine.jpg. But to no avail. But tonight just looking here and there, there it was!

As I recall, I was looking either for a good picture of the Blue Meanies or the Apple Bonker. For a blog entry, but I don't remember which one.

In other files, I have some Old Time Radio files, which I keep thinking I might actually listen to. But listening to old radio shows demands real concentration. If you drift off for a second -- and I usually go quite a bit longer -- you've missed the whole thing, or the key thing.

I have lots of pictures, photos I've taken, not as many as a lot of people probably. But here's one, I was looking for pictures of a run down school I went into one time. I couldn't find them. I don't know what ever happened to them. This school was so run down, the farmer who owned it literally had put pig pens in it and used to keep hogs in it. The day I went in the pens were still there but the hogs were long gone.

I need to search and find those files. I can't believe they could really be gone.

UPDATE: I went away for about 10 minutes and searched, folder by folder, till I came across them. They were from 10-17-2003. And following will be the one that has some of the pig pens. But I don't have a good contextual shot, so you have to take my word for it that it's in an old school.


No comments: