Saturday, September 05, 2009

President Obama Wednesday

It's Wednesday, I'm thinking, that President Obama will be addressing a joint session of Congress about the health care reform issue.

There seems to be a lot of jockeying around, what he'll say, what he won't say, how he's going to phrase it to avoid ticking off the progressives while possibly pulling the rug out from the promises made of actual health care reform.

I'm hoping to see it. But if I don't I'll catch the main points. The bad news is that Bobby Jindal won't be bringing the Republic rebuttal. I think they have John Boehner for the honors this time.

Have I mentioned lately how much I despise the Republican party? We can barely watch the TV news (I don't actually want to), because I sit there fuming and livid at the Republicans. I can't believe anyone would be attracted to their Party of No after their shenanigans since President Obama took office. They've been out and out liars and they haven't been subtle about it.

Yes, I've been critical of the president, basically for not standing up to these #$@^%#s more. Why he wants bipartisanship with people who refuse to accept anything is beyond me. So what's the reward for him doing this? Reduced poll numbers. And what's the reward for the Republicans' mad shenanigans? Increased poll numbers. It's maddening.

Anyone with a lick of sense could tell the Republicans have been the world's biggest scoundrels, forever, yes, but certainly in the last nine months.

No comments: