Thursday, November 05, 2009

Is Everyone Who Disrupts Things A Hero?

I was reading about the tea party rebellion -- who I think are simply a bunch of nuts, but that's just my opinion. They were incited to show up and "scare" our Congress people today by Michelle Bachmann, a crazy person from Minnesota.

In the course of their tirades, some were arrested, leading them to be instantly given "hero" status and to be likened to Martin Luther King, perhaps the Apostle Paul or Jesus, and who knows what others!

So everyone who shows up at a political meting and disrupts things and gets arrested now is a "hero"? That's a stretch. I wonder if the tea party people would say the same thing about people from the left, like the crazy protesters at the big international meetings, who flood the streets and do disruptive things and get arrested, if they're heroes. Somehow I doubt it.

It's like the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter. (I also heard them labeling themselves freedom fighters.) It depends on which side you're on.

My question remains: Where were these people when George W. Bush was president? He was ruling this country like a madman and flushing the United States down the toilet both at home and internationally. It seems like they might've uttered at least a single peep in all those years. Or perhaps have had a cup of tea.

It still looks to me simply like sour grapes. The Republicans were thrown out. We got a Democratic president. And they can't abide by the results, like we had to with George W.

No comments: