Monday, November 16, 2009

Palinmania

When it comes to political books, for the most part I'll pass. I don't want to waste my money on all this, people's memoirs.

In the heat of a campaign I do think how interesting it'll be "next year" or the year after to learn how things were really going behind the scenes. But by the next year I've already moved on in my interest. So I'm no longer that interested. And this is true every time, not just this year.

Plus, it's Sarah Palin. She's a train wreck. I didn't like her even a tiny bit last year, so there's no way I'm going to give a dime for a book she (or someone else for her) wrote. I wouldn't actually want it if they were passing them out free. This is true for lots of books, but Republican books deserve a special place in hell as far as I'm concerned.

I don't understand why most people would want to give her the time of day. Is anything more obvious that she's a crumb? To think anyone would turn over a job with the responsibility of the presidency to her is beyond my ability to understand. Like that job out of all the others is something that can adequately be done well by just any idiot. George W. Bush proved it's not true.

No comments: