Sunday, November 01, 2009

People's Irrational Fear Of Health Care Reform

There was a cartoon in the paper that made light of "Obamacare," with that being the scariest costume that some kid could wear on Halloween.

I'm repulsed by something like that. There's nothing to fear from health care reform, as far as I'm concerned. If anything, we ought to be afraid they don't get anything done. Because the health insurance industry sure hasn't been doing us any favors.

As far as the insurance companies are concerned, we're walking ATMs. Whatever money they demand, we spit out, no questions asked. And every year it's the same, more money, less benefits. When I say "every year," I mean that literally. They are not doing us any favors.

So what are people so afraid of? That the insurance companies won't be able to kick us out for preexisting conditions? Yes, that's terrifying. That you'll be able to have your health care if you switch jobs. Oh, how scary. That there won't be these arbitrary lifetime benefit caps? Wow, I'm quaking in my boots.

How anyone can be on the side of the health insurance racket in this country, I do not know. Unless you're in their pocket and being provided for by them, like the Republicans and some Democrats. Or you're an executive there.

Otherwise, what have we got to lose, except being picked over mercilessly by these vultures?!

No comments: