Sunday, January 04, 2009

Napping

Napping is good for you, according to sleep experts. Say that at Wikipedia and it'd tell you to site a source. So my source is just my experience of hearing these things over the years.

Sometimes napping is good for me, though, and sometimes it isn't. I love it when I can doze off, as has happened numerous times, then wake up 10 minutes later and have the feeling that I've slept for hours. What's worse by far is to sleep for hours and wake up feeling worse than before.

The other day -- maybe it was New Year's Eve -- I took an afternoon nap and woke up feeling queasy. Nothing sounded good to eat till some hours had passed.

Yesterday I laid down and after 10-15 minutes the phone rang. So talk, talk. Then 5 minutes after that the other phone rang. Which meant getting up and writing something down. By now it was frustrating, so I got up. Plus I had a cat behind my leg, the dog on the other side of my leg. My leg was so tightly pinned down from their weight it was like wearing medically necessary stockings. Skin tight.

Today I have all the time in the world to take a nap but don't really feel like it. And I got up at 5:30 a.m., so that's hard to figure.

No comments: