Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chuck Norris

Search around. There's links on it today. Something about Chuck Norris wanting to be President of Texas and to secede from the union, raising up armed cell groups that are apparently in place.

I haven't read every word on it, not even every other word, but it sounds like this is something people are seriously talking about. Maybe that should be a question. Chuck Norris, he's some kind of famous action hero from TV and the movies. Walker, right? I've never seen it, but I've heard of it. I'm sure the two kids in Taladega Nights were Walker and Texas Ranger. Plus, I think Chuck Norris is known for kickboxing? No? I do know that he was a supporter of Mike Huckabee for president. Because I remember Mike joking around, something about Chuck kicking the crap out of anyone who crossed him.

All that said, isn't it a crime to advocate armed uprisings and secession? I'm not a lawyer, but I thought there was something about that. And the phrase "cell groups," is that anything like "sleeper groups," late from Al Qaeda fame? Wouldn't a "cell group" being prepared for an uprising against the government of the United States at least almost be in that league? Would they be terrorizing the rest of us? Would that make them terrorists? Just wondering.

We do have that phrase in the oath our officials take, something about "enemies foreign and domestic." I think Timothy McVeigh would probably be classified as a domestic kind of enemy, at least when he started plotting and all that. Is this really where Chuck Norris wants to take his career? It doesn't sound like a very well thought out move. And what about Huckabee? Is there any problem with him "pallin' around" with these sorts of people?

Maybe it's all just a joke, snark, ha ha! I hope so.

No comments: