Monday, May 11, 2009

Operation Repo

I was reporting on one of my blogs a month or so ago that I was seriously watching a show on TV called "Operation Repo." It's on Tru TV. I thought it was a great show and was regular in seeing it.

Then I made the mistake of looking it up on the internet and found lots of people's assertions that it was fake. Or maybe not fake. But what they were saying was that it was re-creations of events that took place, repo jobs.

Ahhh, that's no good. I don't want something on TV on a channel that says "Actuality" that's a re-creation. And they do have a disclaimer at the beginning that says something about the events being "based on" real events. Anyway, to me that takes all the fun out of it. I don't want to watch a bunch of actors pretending to be angry. I want actual anger.

So I dropped it from my schedule, totally. And I don't miss it.

But another show I'd like to see, but I have forgotten more times than I've remembered, and that's "Bait Car." As far as I know -- and I'm pretty sure this has to be true -- this is a show of actual incidences, not re-creations.

No comments: