Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thank God The Republicans Are So Stupid

You'd think they'd know how to handle Sotomayor's nomination, with a little restraint, given the whole thing about demographics, voting patterns, and the GOP's present plight. But thank God they've thrown restraint to the wind and are exercising themselves mightily in pursuit of eventual extreme isolation.

Is extremism in pursuit of extinction a vice? No, for the GOP it's a virtue. You know, a sure way to get over the pain in one foot is to shoot yourself in the other. At least until you realize that now both feet not only hurt but you fall down and go boom. I love it.

I say I love it, but there are things I don't love about it. Personally I can't stomach human garbage like Tom Tancredo, but hey, if he's sacrificing the party for the good of the cause, more power to him. It's not like I'm going to tune in and watch him -- since I do have a tender tummy, and only so many brain cells I'm willing to waste.

It looks like we're seeing the genius of Barack Obama at work. These morons have to know there's a hook in that big piece of bait, and yet they seem oblivious. They're going for it every time. 2010 can't get here soon enough, then 2012. Then, if all goes well, we'll put an exhibit in the Smithsonian, "Great Moments In Republican History," since, by then, we hope they'll be entirely kaput. A guy can dream, can't he?

The really weird thing is it actually seems possible. The Republican party is suicidal. Someone throw them an anvil.

No comments: