Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In A Perfect World

In a perfect world...

I'm trying to think of what it'd be like in a perfect world, with all the annoyances of life dealt with, because it'd be a perfect world.

Right off the bat, though, it seems like what would be perfect for me wouldn't necessarily be perfect for someone else, so it wouldn't be a perfect world. OK, I will pronounce it, that in a perfect world, what would be perfect for me would be perfect for everyone else too.

In a perfect world there'd be no suffering. How exactly this would work out, we'd have to examine it. Because it might mess up the food supply, since a lot of the stuff I eat suffers somewhere along the way.

In a perfect world there wouldn't be any snow, except a light dusting on Christmas Day, all melted the next day.

We wouldn't have partisan hacks, Republican obstructionism and lying. That really would have to be a quality of a perfect world, since they've got this one so messed up it's basically unbelievable.

In a perfect world, the anxiety I feel on a minute to minute basis would be wrapped up as maybe one minute's worth of anxiety in a year. I would go from 100% content to 100% anxious for one minute a year. If that. Then back to completely content.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't cut myself shaving. It's so unpredictable. I shaved today and it went well. Then later in the day I noticed a little spot I missed, I got the razor and went over that little spot, and somehow cut myself. Crazy. Nothing that would happen in a perfect world!

In a perfect world I'd be making a couple thousand a day and my expenses would be about a hundred bucks. So there'd be lots left over.

No comments: