Friday, August 15, 2008

McCain Broke His Sacred Vows

It's starting to become less of a secret now -- thanks to John Edwards -- that John McCain also had an adulterous affair -- one that we know of for sure -- and broke his marriage vows.

It happened after he came back from Vietnam. He cheated on his first wife with Cindy, his present wife, for months. Cindy and he then got their marriage license before he was divorced.

They were dear friends with Ronald and Nancy Reagan. The Reagans wouldn't speak to McCain after this because they were so disappointed.

Something like this shows something about John McCain's character and whether we could trust him as president.

Now Pastor Rick Warren agrees. In an interview with Jake Tapper, we see this:

TAPPER: Would you have compunctions about voting for someone who had cheated on his wife?

WARREN: Absolutely I would. Absolutely I would. Because if you can’t keep your faith to your most sacred vow – "’til death do us part" -- how in the world can I trust you to lead my family? My government? My nation?...Absolutely I would.

No comments: