Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Republicans for Obama

Diary by Populista is worth looking at.

It seems there's a rare breed of thinking, intelligent Republicans -- of course I knew they were out there, and more power to them.

Especially when they see the qualities that Barack Obama brings to the table.

Including former Iowa congressman, Jim Leach, a long-time representative in Congress.

Representative Leach is quoted by Populista's diary as saying, "It's been a very difficult thing for me because I've never endorsed a Democrat before...but sometimes in life you come to a juncture where it's very clear the national interest trumps party discipline."

Populista also has a video of Susan Eisenhower, which I didn't look at. Who she is precisely, I don't know, but presumably some relation of Dwight Eisenhower.

Hey, on the subject of Ike, if you're ever in Abilene, KS, they have a nice museum there for him. And one time I and another person were alone in the tomb there of President and Mrs. Eisenhower. That's an interesting feeling. You expect a big crowd to be around but they weren't there that day!

No comments: