Saturday, February 06, 2010

Death Strikes Again

I had a sad experience today, hearing about a friend of mine who died.

He's a guy I see several times a week, and he seemed like he was always in pretty good health. I don't remember there ever being anything wrong with him.

But then, early this morning, in the 3-4 a.m. range, he apparently had a heart attack in his sleep and just died. No lingering, no hospital stay, no saying goodbye, nothing.

It's such a shocker to hear about it. It's so final. All those times I see him every week, he won't be showing up anymore. That'll be tough to get used to.

When I heard about the news, I was writing this post, a humor post about how "normal" I am. I mentioned it there when I resumed the writing. It turned out OK, I guess, but I had some good thoughts going. And the shock and the grief really changed it, no doubt.

No comments: