Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Old Friends

With Facebook, I'm in something of a daily questioning mode with what to do with old friends.

I guess Facebook is pretty good for that, at least for getting reacquainted with them. And you don't really have to go at it full time, like trying to push a current friendship instead of just talking over old times. There really isn't much talking over old times (or anything), just quick comments.

If we post old photos, which I think is cool, we think about how it was "back in the day." And that's good. But that doesn't especially lead anywhere. Not that leading somewhere is the be all and end all of life. Just being there and being yourself is probably all that's called for.

I contacted an old friend the other day, and we've had a couple exchanges back and forth. I could see us actually being friends again. But there'd have to be some basis for it beyond old times. And I don't know what that could be.

It's a quandary, one I've probably mentioned before.

No comments: