Saturday, February 27, 2010

No Money For Inaction

I got a call from (I don't know what it's called) the Democratic Congressional Candidates fund or something. Telling me they're expecting quite a big battle this November, and that they would appreciate my support, etc.

Well...

As it turned out I was a nice guy. But, 1) I don't give money to people who call me on the phone. How do I know they are who they say they are? 2) I'm really in no mood to give our Democrats in Congress any money for their reelection, not that I'm hoping they lose ... I don't.

The thing is they've been a bunch of scoundrels, only not as bad as scoundrels as the Republicans. But I don't support scoundrels per se. Why are they scoundrels? Because they're doing the bidding of donors much higher up than I. Are they ever doing my bidding? If they are, I haven't noticed it.

I think this Congress has been crap. They can't get anything done. Instead of breaking the kneecaps of the Republicans and making a public spectacle of them, they've allowed the minority to dominate the political scene. If this is what we're supposed to be buying, I'll take a refund, thank you.

No comments: