Wednesday, July 23, 2008

McCain: Most Scurrilous Statement

Joe Klein on John McCain:

This is the ninth presidential campaign I've covered. I can't remember a more scurrilous statement by a major party candidate. It smacks of desperation. It renews questions about whether McCain has the right temperament for the presidency. How sad.
McCain's statement is essentially that Barack Obama is a traitor: "This is a clear choice that the American people have. I had the courage and the judgment to say I would rather lose a political campaign than lose a war. It seems to me that Obama would rather lose a war in order to win a political campaign."

McCain clearly hasn't got the temperament to be president. Remember, he was going to run a "respectful" campaign. So who knows what kind of sourness he would've otherwise come out with!

No comments: