Tuesday, July 15, 2008

President Bush: "Abracadabra!"

President Bush's lack of a "magic wand" has come up again, again in regard to gas prices.

"There is no short term solution," Bush said. "The president doesn't have a magic wand. You can't just say, 'Low gas.' "
Earlier this year, in April, he said:
[Y]ou know, if there was a magic wand to wave, I’d be waving it, of course. I strongly believe it’s in our interest that we reduce gas prices, gasoline prices. … No, I think that if there was a magic wand, and say, okay, drop price, I’d do that. … But there is no magic wand to wave right now.'
And going back to May 2005, already back then his magic kit was lacking one key tool:
Americans are concerned about high prices at the pump, and they're really concerned as they start making their travel plans, and I understand that. I wish I could just wave a magic wand and lower the price at the pump; I'd do that. That's not how it works.
He needs to read more Harry Potter books, and maybe yell, "Avada Kedavra!"

No comments: