Monday, September 08, 2008

The Assembly of God

I definitely agree with Pat Buchanan that it is a REAL MISTAKE for the liberals and liberal shows, like Keith and Rachel, to go after the Assembly of God church. I couldn't believe that I heard that on two MSNBC shows right in a row.

I mean, please! That they speak in tongues, that they believe in the Rapture, that they think God hears and answers prayers. Believe it or not, these are not far-out looney ideas. I don't know precisely what circles Keith and Rachel travel in, but these are actually very mainstream, ordinary ideas. Especially that God hears and answers prayers. For pipelines, for whatever.

It seems to me that Keith and Rachel don't know this, and would probably lump the Assembly of God together with snake-handlers and people who let their children die instead of getting a doctor, those kinds of things that actually are extreme. It's nothing like that. We need people on our side (liberals) who know the difference between the various religious groups, and aren't making the mistake of ridiculing the religion of average Americans.

No comments: