Thursday, September 18, 2008

Walking Out On McCain

There have been reports that Sarah has all the sizzle on the Republican side, and McCain is ... borrrring. It could be that they might need to corral the people in, have John go first, then have Sarah top off the meeting, because they're actually walking out as he speaks.

NYT: There may be a price for all this. After Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska, his running mate, riveted the overflow crowd at an airplane hangar here for 16 minutes, it was Mr. McCain’s turn, and people in his audience began murmuring and drifting away midway through a 14-minute speech that was flat and cheerless.
I'm not seeing many McCain rallies where I live, so I can't go to one just to walk out. But I think it'd be cool, you know, to vote with your feet. The emcee is going nuts, "And now, ladies and gentlemen, here he is, the man of the hour, the man of the people, the next President of the United States, John McCain!" (Pausing for brief meditation on the zen koan, "One Hand Clapping.")

Heard in the crowd, "I don't know about you, Maude, but this chair's getting harder all the time. You know, come to think of it, I think I forgot to give the chickens fresh water today. Let's go."

Folks are streaming for the exits. John McCain drones on.

No comments: