Thursday, September 04, 2008

Oppressive Bill O'Reilly

I have a policy of never watching Fox News. It is a sickening, revolting channel. The way Bill O'Reilly thinks of MSNBC, that's exactly the way I think of Fox. So that ought to be easy enough for him to understand. But with the convention, I've clicked over there for a few minutes, each time feeling quite queasy. It's a bad, bad, even evil, channel.

Well, since Obama was going to be on Bill's show, I decided to watch it. But there was all the lead-up stuff, which I caught a whiff of and then turned the channel. Then I had to keep checking back, and everything I managed to hear was presented with this weird sledgehammer anger; it is such an oppressive show. It's easy to see why wingnuts are so insane, if they imbibe this kind of bile night after night.

Then when the Obama interview finally came on, it was bad too. You would think that Bill finally gets Obama on, he's going to let him talk. Wow, it was all about Bill. Leaping in, talking over, acting irritated, with his own pet ax to constantly grind. He has such a simplistic philosophy: I'm right. you're wrong. Good grief, let the man talk! Presumably this was to be an interview with Obama, not just Bill clamoring for attention and debate.

I used the word previously, but this is oppressive stuff. You can feel a weight on your brain and sensibilities, saying, This is maddening!

Fortunately, I don't watch this show; it would be impossible. This was the first time in a loooonnnnngggg time. And it'll be equally long (if ever) that I ever tune in again!

No comments: