Monday, September 08, 2008

Rachel Maddow

It's great to see Rachel have her own show. I watched a large chunk of it, and I'm not big on sitting there just watching show after show.

I like the colors and the graphics. Overall it doesn't feel like the show has a thread, a gimmick like Countdown, but it's new, it can evolve, I hope.

One major gripe: Must we have the omnipresent Pat Buchanan thrust before us? Good grief, is there no escape from this man? Actually I have had many good things to say about Pat over the years. He's like the girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead. When he's good, he's very good, but when he's bad, he's horrid.

Here's something you can count on with Pat Buchanan. In the midst of an election year, he is horrid. Especially when one of the candidates -- Sarah Palin -- was a Buchanan supporter. All the tripe coming out of Pat's mouth, we've heard before. It's time to put him out to pasture. On the other hand, every show needs an occasional devil, so I suppose he's good for something.

No comments: