Saturday, September 06, 2008

This Is Not A Diary -- Please Delete

I'm going to Daily Kos to see if how long it takes me, with the current diary list, starting at the top of the recent diaries and going down, to find one with a variation of the statement, "This is not a diary -- please delete."

OK, it is 2:23 p.m. Eastern time... here I go.

Well, it's a minute later, and at this diary, Sarah Palin...Just how are the people responding? I found this comment at the top, "This is outdated stuff. Try again. n/t."

So I'm going back in for something more definite:

OK, it is 2:28 p.m., and the dishonor goes to a diary by chowbellachow, called, "McCain supporter STEALS U.S. flags from DNC convention." The comment is by the omnipresent DemocraticLuntz, who says, "Not a diary. Please delete and never do this."

So that's kind of like five minutes. It could have been better. But remember, between 2:23 and 2:28 I also got the information on that Sarah Palin one, had to cut and paste a few things here, then go back. That meant opening several diaries that had zero comments, and yet there may have been comments since the time my browser said zero. Then of course there were some actual diaries of sufficient length and appearance to wade through to make sure they weren't troll diaries (they weren't).

I actually figured the diary by chowbellachow was going to be a good diary, because of the provocative title. If true, there'd be nothing trollish about that. But I didn't stay to investigate because I needed to get back here in record time, you see.

No comments: